Sunday, December 04, 2005

You want my what?

2239hrs: Had dinner with some camp mates last night at Glasshouse Fish & Co. The food was good and the company....well could've improved a little. A buddy of mine was suppose to turn up but in the end he had to attend to his friend who just broke up with her boyfriend(which presents an opportunity for him I'm sure). To my dismay, someone I don't particularly like appeared in his place. Well I took it in my stride and had myself a good time anyway. And quietly sniggering at the guy's insecurity especially with girls. I've been to the same place with the same 'enemy' once before. Last night was like deja vu. Heck...he was even in the same outfit he wore last time we were there.

Anyways, the last time we were there, he was trying to get one of the waitress's number. All 6 of us at the table spent the entire evening encouraging him to walk up to her and ask for her number. In the end when he finally did 'try' going up to her, the girl ran away. It didn't work but it was hilarious. Then someone suggested he write her a note and get one of the other waitresses to pass it to her. It ended up with me having to write the note for him (we weren't enemies then). Of course the entire thing amounted to nothing and the guy spent the next few months harping about 'ifs' with my buddy restraining himself from wringing the guy's neck everytime he starts whining.

So last night the guy got the idea of picking one of the waitresses up....again. Surprise surprise...guess who was there? The girl he tried to pick up(unsuccessfully) was there working the tables again. And this guy goes on harping about her all over again.

Well that wasn't the only drama last night. I had a passing thought of asking one of the waitresses for her number but I wasn't really serious about it. I made the mistake of voicing it out and my 'enemy' got her to come to our table when she was near. I don't know what the guy was trying to do. Perhaps he wanted to catch me off guard and prove that I was as much a coward as he is. Since the opportunity already presented itself, I asked. But I guess the effectiveness of my pick up line was jeopardized by the live band. Having the speakers next to our table had her going 'huh?' and 'what?' throughout the line's execution. Of course it didn't work but I wasn't feeling bad about it. Seriously, I don't believe in picking up girls off the street. I do it outta fun and the 'rush'. Its always exciting till the moment you get an answer. And the more you do it, the less nervous you get. It's good practice for meeting new people. So that was my Saturday evening which we ended at Cafe Cartel with me having a sinful ice cream waffle with caramel covered banana with loads of whipped cream. Oh that was good!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

If you're wondering why, the guy backstabbed me in camp and hoped I'd be punished. Of course I didn't get punished but it doesn't erase what he did.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Another camp buddy of mine. Knew him since BMT. He's helped me solve more than a few IT problems. Great guy!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saw this kitty in the underpass and thought it looked cute. Too bad the pic's a little blur.

Time to sleep at 2343hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home