The Hunt For Red October
2229hrs: YES! YES! YES! I've finally finished something I started 7 years ago. I've finally finished reading Tom Clancy's 'The Hunt For Red October'. I picked it up when I was 14 but the book just seemed so boring to me then and I couldn't read more than a few pages without nodding off. But I recently picked it up after 'Bear and the Dragon' and once I started, I couldn't put it down. I finished it a little more than a week and I watched the movie right after. Well, the movie was disappointing. It didn't bother to follow the story at all. Other than putting faces to the characters in the novel, it didn't serve much else.

I was never quite interested in submarine warfare but reading how submarines stalked each other in the open oceans was pretty exciting. I always thought excitement only came from zooming around at 30,000ft in 30 million dollar jets with blood rushing to your head. But when you think of it, submarine warfare is pretty similar to dogfighting except it happens at a much slower pace. I was browsing through some books yesterday when I came across a book titled 'Fleet Tactics'. It did look interesting but the only thing I ever wanted to do with ships was catapulting off the deck of an Aircraft Carrier in an F-14D Tomcat. Even that fantasy is coming to an end with the Tomcat now in it's final phase of decommissioning. But now I'm having second thoughts about that book. I wouldn't mind having it in my library if it's cheap. Guess I'll go check it out again next week and see if it's still there.
The end of another weekend at 2242hrs

I was never quite interested in submarine warfare but reading how submarines stalked each other in the open oceans was pretty exciting. I always thought excitement only came from zooming around at 30,000ft in 30 million dollar jets with blood rushing to your head. But when you think of it, submarine warfare is pretty similar to dogfighting except it happens at a much slower pace. I was browsing through some books yesterday when I came across a book titled 'Fleet Tactics'. It did look interesting but the only thing I ever wanted to do with ships was catapulting off the deck of an Aircraft Carrier in an F-14D Tomcat. Even that fantasy is coming to an end with the Tomcat now in it's final phase of decommissioning. But now I'm having second thoughts about that book. I wouldn't mind having it in my library if it's cheap. Guess I'll go check it out again next week and see if it's still there.
The end of another weekend at 2242hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home