Monday, June 06, 2005

Exhilaration....

2107hrs: .....is when you have a canine that comes out of no where and appears next to your foot with it's jaws wide open. I just experienced one of the most exciting rides of my entire 4500 kilometres on my bike. I've been run over by police car, numerous crashes and one of the most exciting stuff I did was to go down a slope that cut through 3 intersections and when I reach the bottom, my speed's at 63km/h.

This morning's ride to camp was slightly tiring but absolutely enjoyable. I've forgotten how much I love riding in the morning with the cool air washing over me. The ride home was something else. There I was riding along trying to get home asap with the heavy rain beating down on me. I took this route that goes through this private housing estate and a few factories near the end. It curves right and joins the main road (Yio Chu Kang Road) at the end. I was happily riding along listening to Bad English singing "When I See You Smile" when I realised some barking. I turned to my left to see this fugly pot bellied mongrel canine, and it wasn't smiling. Instead, it had it's mouth wide open inches away from my foot trying to take a snap at it as if my foot were a 10 pound sirloin steak. With pure adrenaline I peddled through my fatigue and sped up but the dumb dog was still at my side. We continued racing for awhile until finally it gave up and I heaved a HUGE sigh of relief. I've done a million crazy things on my bike but I've never been chased by a mad dog before. And it was exciting but real scary to see his fangs with drool pouring off it's tips. I wanted to kick it but I thought better. There was a good chance of me losing my balance if I did that with my skinny slick tires coupled with the wet ground, high speed and a right turn coming up fast. I was so winded after that chase I retreated to the safety of the pedestrian pathway.

I plan to cycle again some time this week. It was fun and it's good exercise. Except for the dumb dog.

Aching at 2125hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home