Just Another Saturday Night...
0213hrs: Just finished watching Adam Sandler's '50 First Dates'. Like all of his other movies, they always come with a nice love story though with many quirky moments. In this Henry(Adam Sandler) meets Lucy(Drew Barrymore) who has short term memory loss which renders her unable to remember anything that's happened the day before. And everyday Henry has to remind her that he's her boyfriend and that they've been seeing eachother for ages. And he does this everyday even after they're married. I guess it's the sort of story that warms the heart.

Actually it just reminds me that I'm single(which I'm not saying is a bad thing). It'll be nice to bring meaning to all those love stories I've read about in my books. I guess I just miss playing the dating game. The flirting, the uncertainties and the closeness. But at the same time I'm comfortable in this current state as well. Th freedom I have without being shackled to a relationship. Guess what I'm looking for is just an even mix in my social circle and a couple of close girl-friends wouldn't hurt too. I just want it to be like the old days but this time it'll be without all the silly crushes and uncertainties. This was how my social circle was 5 years ago:

The proximity to the centre in relation to the dots represent the closeness I had with the people represented with the blue and red dots. Blue being guys duh! and red being girls double duh! As you can see, the ratio of guys to girls is quite balanced even right up to the centre. And I was happy then. Saturday nights would find me out doing something ANTYHING. I always had friends to hang out with and loneliness was unfathomable then. But now 5 years later:

Things are vastly different. The last 3 Saturdays found me home alone doing nothing of great importance. The recent Saturday gone by found me hanging out at the library alone and joining my married friend his wife for dinner. How much more depressing can it get? I know the reason why things are like that now is because unlike my friends who got introduced to a new social circle in their tertiary years, I didn't. Worse I lost my church friends when I stopped making appearances in church. I stopped contacting anyone not even on ICQ/MSN. Thus now 5 years later I'm feeling the full force of my actions. I don't know how to solve this problem now. All I can do is go with the flow of things and use what available time I have to study my Math, catch up Tom Clancy novels and perhaps cycle a little more.
Only the lonely 2225hrs

Actually it just reminds me that I'm single(which I'm not saying is a bad thing). It'll be nice to bring meaning to all those love stories I've read about in my books. I guess I just miss playing the dating game. The flirting, the uncertainties and the closeness. But at the same time I'm comfortable in this current state as well. Th freedom I have without being shackled to a relationship. Guess what I'm looking for is just an even mix in my social circle and a couple of close girl-friends wouldn't hurt too. I just want it to be like the old days but this time it'll be without all the silly crushes and uncertainties. This was how my social circle was 5 years ago:

The proximity to the centre in relation to the dots represent the closeness I had with the people represented with the blue and red dots. Blue being guys duh! and red being girls double duh! As you can see, the ratio of guys to girls is quite balanced even right up to the centre. And I was happy then. Saturday nights would find me out doing something ANTYHING. I always had friends to hang out with and loneliness was unfathomable then. But now 5 years later:

Things are vastly different. The last 3 Saturdays found me home alone doing nothing of great importance. The recent Saturday gone by found me hanging out at the library alone and joining my married friend his wife for dinner. How much more depressing can it get? I know the reason why things are like that now is because unlike my friends who got introduced to a new social circle in their tertiary years, I didn't. Worse I lost my church friends when I stopped making appearances in church. I stopped contacting anyone not even on ICQ/MSN. Thus now 5 years later I'm feeling the full force of my actions. I don't know how to solve this problem now. All I can do is go with the flow of things and use what available time I have to study my Math, catch up Tom Clancy novels and perhaps cycle a little more.
Only the lonely 2225hrs
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home